Tuesday, October 15, 2013

FTTC242 - Believe

Hello!  It's Tuesday and time for another Flourishes blog challenge:  


Flourishes just released 3 beautiful stamp sets and I just couldn't resist using one of them for this challenge, Handmade Snowflakes.  I cut out my canvas oval with an oval die-namic but first, I adhered it with scor-tape to a piece of plain cardstock to give it some sturdiness and to keep it from fraying.  My little tip of the day ;)  I then stamped two snowflakes in pink lemonade and the sentiment in hot fudge directly onto the canvas.  I then stamped several snowflakes on the larger layer in pink lemonade, using the stamping-off technique on the smaller ones, hot fudge ink and kraft ink.  The polka dots on the scalloped kraft layer weren't stamped - it's washi tape!  I covered a piece of cardstock with the washi tape then ran it through with one of my scalloped die-namics.  I got the idea from Tenia's HYCCT challenge on SCS.  Some kraft ribbon and chocolate pearls add the finishing details.  The sketch is from the Blueprints 1.


Close up...


Thanks for stopping by!  Take some time to leave a comment on the talented Friends of Flourishes team blogs:


  • Allison Cope
  • Broni Holcombe
  • Cheryl Lea
  • Deborah Anton
  • Jenny Gropp
  • Judy Rozema




  • 5 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    This is gorgeous, Angel !!! I love how you stamped on the burlap !!! It's fabulous!! :0 :) :)
    xo

    Cheryl said...

    How beautiful! I love the pink and brown snowflakes! Thanks for the tip on putting canvas on cs. I've never used canvas before, but now I am eager to give it a try.

    Connie MacFarlane said...

    This is so pretty Angel! Love the way you stamped and die cut your canvas. What a great idea for using Washi tape!

    Lagene said...

    Beautiful card! I love your combination of krafts, browns & pinks!

    Katie Sims said...

    What beautiful pastel snowflakes you created and the colors your chose are awesome! That little canvas sentiment oval is darling. I am so glad you are with us this month and can't wait to see what you'll come up with next! :)

     
    BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS